2017 GOAL Tax Credit
Invest in education and help provide student scholarships by contributing to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program for a 100% Georgia income tax credit. You will make a positive impact in your community and across our state!
This valuable Georgia law is a rare and precious opportunity provided to us by our state legislators. The tax credit program has become so popular that all $58 million in available credits are consumed on the first business day of the year. Take action today and be a part of this phenomenon.
How to Contribute:
What Happens Next?
1. GOAL Submits to DOR.
- On the first business day of January 2017, GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
2. Approved to Contribute.
- GOAL and DOR notify you of tax credit approval and amount in early January 2017.
3. Make Payment.
- Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (mid-March 2017).
4. Take the Credit.
- In May, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2017 Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2017 taxes in April of 2018).
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability