2017 GOAL Tax Credit
Thank you for submitting your application to contribute to GOAL for a 2017 Georgia income tax credit. GOAL submitted all 2017 tax credit applications when the Department of Revenue (DOR) opened on January 3rd.
The DOR received approximately $117.2 million in tax credit applications on the first business day of 2017. Therefore, the $58 million of available credits for the year are divided among the $117.2 million in applications, so that each applicant is allowed a tax credit of approximately 49.49% of their requested amount ($58 million divided by $117.2 million).
What Happens Next?
We will take care of every step, and remind you when action is required. Each step in the process is outlined below.
1) You will receive a DOR Approval Letter approximately 2 weeks after GOAL submits your application, indicating the amount for which you are approved. GOAL will also email you detailed instructions regarding your payment deadline and options.
2) When notified of DOR approval (by DOR Approval Letter or email from GOAL), please submit payment to GOAL before your 60-day payment deadline of March 11th.
You have two options for making payment to GOAL:
- Mail a personal check to GOAL at:
3740 Davinci Court, Suite 375, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092, OR
- Pay online here: http://www.goalscholarship.org/for_donors/contribute.asp
3) GOAL will send you an acknowledgement letter and tax receipt (Form IT-QEE-SSO1) in early summer.
4) When you file your 2017 taxes, take a Georgia income tax credit and (if you itemize) a federal tax deduction. Tax filing guidance will be available on our website.
We will begin accepting 2018 tax credit applications in June of 2017.
Thank you very much for your participation! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-828-4625.