2018 GOAL Tax Credit
Invest in education and help provide student scholarships by contributing to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program for a 100% Georgia income tax credit. You will make a positive impact in your community and across our state!
Over the past several years, the tax credit program has become so popular that all $58 million in available credits are consumed on the first business day of the year. Without you, this program would not be the success story that it is today.
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now (anytime from June 2017 – December 2017).
Complete the 2018 GOAL Tax Credit Application online. (takes just 20 seconds!)
- GOAL Submits to DOR.
On the first business day of January 2018, GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Approved to Contribute.
GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline in early January 2018.
- Make Payment.
Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2018).
- Take the Credit.
In May, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2018 Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2018 taxes in 2019).
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-828-4625. Thank you!