2019 GOAL Tax Credit
In exchange for contributions to Georgia GOAL taxpayers receive a 100% state income tax credit! In addition, if they itemize, taxpayers receive a federal charitable income tax deduction for the amount of their contribution to GOAL.
- Given the new federal limits on the deductibility of state and local income taxes, this is significant! By converting some of your state income taxes into a charitable contribution (to GOAL), you may gain back a deduction, thereby reducing your federal tax burden.
The Georgia legislature has nearly doubled the available credits, alleviating the 'oversubscription' problem of past years. In 2019, instead of being approved for only about half of the amount taxpayers wish to contribute, they will very likely be approved for an amount between 90% and 100%.
Invest in education and help provide student scholarships by contributing GOAL. You will make a positive impact in your community and across our state!
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
- Single individual or head of household – up to $1,000
- Married couple filing a joint return – up to $2,500
- Married couple filing a separate return – up to $1,250
- S corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner – up to $10,000
- C corporation or Trust – up to 75% of annual Georgia income tax liability
How to Contribute & Take the Tax Credit
- Apply Now (anytime from June 2018 – December 2018).
Complete the 2019 GOAL Tax Credit Application online (takes just 20 seconds!).
- GOAL Submits to DOR.
On the first business day of January 2019, GOAL submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR).
- Approved to Contribute.
GOAL and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline in early January 2019.
- Make Payment.
Pay GOAL by check or credit card within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2019).
- Take the Credit.
In May, GOAL will send you a Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2019 Georgia income tax return (Note: you will take the credit when you file your 2019 taxes in 2020).
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call 770-828-4625.