If you need a copy of your 2016 Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) and/or your DOR certificate number, please contact Allison Saxby at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you are approved by the Georgia Department of Revenue for a tax credit, and contribute the approved amount to GOAL, you may claim a state income tax credit when you file your Georgia tax return for the year in which you contributed.
Helpful Documents & Information:
- 2016 Tips for Claiming the QEE Credit using Turbo Tax (GOAL has received more positive feedback from contributors regarding the Turbo Tax e-filing software than other software packages.)
- DOR sets expectations related to timing of refunds
- The Georgia Department of Revenue states, "Please allow 90 business days to receive refunds. The Department is taking additional fraud prevention measures to ensure tax refunds are issued to the correct individuals."
- Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (your tax receipt from GOAL) must be submitted with your Georgia taxes if you file a paper return, or should simply be kept with your records if you file electronically.
- Form IT-QEE-TP2 (DOR generic form to ensure you complied with the law) must be submitted with your Georgia taxes if you file a paper return.
If you are using H&R Block e-filing software, please note the following from the Electronic Filing contact at Georgia Department of Revenue:
- "H&R Block has three different products. The one that is purchased off the shelf is 'TaxCut'; this software does not support 'QEE' Credits. If taxpayers have a QEE credit they would need to use another product. What the software supports or does not support is up to the vendor, the Department of Revenue keeps a record of this information."
- CCH Prosystem
- E File Tax – MAXBACK
- Jeevan Tech – TaxGarden
- One Price
- Thomson Reuters – Gosystem/Onesource